Hotblocks burn hotter
Cleaner, safer, hotter
Manufactured by us in the UK
Help & Advice: Call 01454 538803
Manufactured by us in the UK
Easy to Order. Quick Delivery. Eco-friendly.
CHOOSE YOUR SIZE & CHECK DETAILS BELOW:
Reasons to Choose Hotblocks
- Hotblocks Burn Hotter & Longer: They are ready to burn & at less than 10% moisture content our 100% recycled HotBlocks burn hotter and for longer than seasoned and kiln dried logs.
- Made in our UK Factory: We manufacture HotBlocks in our own factory using sustainable clean wood collected by us.
- Easy to Light: Initially get used to Hotblocks, simply light them in the same way as coal or logs by placing 3 Hotblocks on a bed of kindling and paper with firelighters.
- Clean & Easy to Store: They are clean to handle and really convenient to stack and store. Because HotBlocks are all the same consistent shape and size they stack safely and efficiently.
- Use in Wide Range of Heaters: Woodburners, Multifuel Stoves, Log Burners, Chimineas, Firepits & BBQs.
- Keeps Stove Glass Clean: They are also much less likely to spit because they are so dry and this also helps to keep the glass clean on your stove.
- Very Little Ash: HotBlocks leave behind very little ash (around 1%). Therefore less emptying of the ash. The ash can also be used in the garden as a soil conditioner or put on the compost heap.
Great wood eco alternative to logs or coal.
Manufactured In Our Own UK Factory using sustainable, clean, recycled wood
Consistent Moisture Content of 10% or less, they are ready to burn
Natural lignin acts as a natural binder to form the shape of the Hotblocks
Reduces Risk Of Spitting & Ensures Consistent Burn
Safely Stored – Retaining Quality & Performance
We’re a Family Business proud to produce a British product!
Safety. Take Care!
IMPORTANT: Please don’t overload your fire with HotBlocks as they burn very hot.
Care should also be taken for some time after the fire has died down as the ash may remain hot for up to 12 hours.
What are HotBlocks Wood Briquettes?
HotBlocks are a great recycling solution as they are made from clean, recycled, sustainable wood collected by us from our own network of customers & are ready to burn.
Originally having been damaged irreparable pallets and crates that have reached the end of their useful life, we transport these to our factory and, via a number of stages, convert this into HotBlocks and our other wood based products. This gives our recycled wood another useful life beyond its original purpose.
All of our wood based products are not just eco friendly as they each outperform the conventional alternatives in a number of ways.
How Many HotBlocks Do I Need?
If you have the space and are happy with the individual pack weights (20kg), the most economical volume to buy is unquestionably a Full Pallet of the 24 packs.
Or, as a guide we would suggest the following:
- Everyday use, large fire, lots of storage – Full Pallet
- Often used, medium fire, some storage – Half Pallet
- Small fire, hardly any storage – Quarter Pallet
How Do I Store Hotblocks?
We take care to pack HotBlocks by hand into high quality packaging. This ensures that they can be safely stored for long periods of time yet still retain their quality and performance. We do recommend that HotBlocks are stored under cover.
They are clean to handle and really convenient to stack and store. Because HotBlocks are all the same consistent shape and size they stack safely and efficiently. (For example, a full pallet of HotBlocks can easily be stored against a wall at the back of a garage).
How Much Ash is Left Behind?
HotBlocks leave behind very little ash, in fact only around 1%. The fine powdery ash can be used in the garden as a soil conditioner or mixed in with the compost heap.
Are HotBlocks Eco-friendly?
Yes very, we don’t cut down trees to make briquettes! Mr J from Bristol, on the 3rd February 2019, sent an email after burning our Hotblock briquettes and commented – “Hotblock briquettes were the most environmental product I could find”.
What Sort of Delivery Access Do I Need?
If buying bulk quantities all you require is good access for a lorry and level hard ground for our lorry to offload using a tail-lift and pallet truck.
Who Stocks Hotblocks?
As well as purchasing directly from this website, we currently have a number of stockists throughout the UK, and are continually appointing more. In areas where we may not yet have a stockist we are able to offer a highly competitive direct delivery from our factory on all orders of 1/4 or more pallets.
Please call for details of your nearest stockist or for direct delivered prices.
If you need any more information about HotBlocks or our stockists please call 01454 538803.
How Do I Light My Wood Burner with HotBlocks Wood Briquettes?
This couldn’t be simpler and in many ways is easier than lighting a traditional wood or coal fire. Light and use in the same way as coal or logs or watch our short How To! Video.
Hotblocks Guide to Lighting Your Fire
- Place two Hotblocks on their sides about 1 inch apart with a third block over the top, forming a bridge.
- Place a couple of firelighters in the gap and light.
- If you are using a wood burning stove, open up the draw and baffle to get the fire burning initially. When the appliance reaches a suitable temperature, damp down to leave your preferred flame pattern.
- Resist the temptation to poke a HotBlocks fire as this will break up the blocks and increase air flow into the centre of the fire and so substantially reduce the burn time.
- When you are ready place one or two HotBlocks onto your fire to replenish.